Family law deals with the issues within the families. Mostly the family law cases would be the divorce cases and child support. When comes to the divorce of a couple, child support have to be discussed immediately in the court. The child support is the amount of money that have to be paid by the parent with whom child is not stayed. The money should be paid to the parent with whom the child is staying. The money is given for the financial support of the child. The money paid by one parent changes according to the agreement by the parents in the court. This amount varies from one couple to the other couple. It mainly depends on the expenses of the child, place they stay and so on. The other parent with whom child is not with can give more money than the agreement but not less than that. If he or she pay less money against the agreement then it is considered as the contempt of the law. You can consult a child support lawyer if you are a divorced single parent and want the support from other parent to meet the expenses of the child.
Benefits of the child support:
- The money given by the parent as the child support should be always used for the care of that child. The money should not misused by the parent. In such cases the parent paying the money can file a case on the parent as not caring the child.
- This is the condition where the confusion and conflict starts. We can’t easily decide whether the parent receiving the money for the child support is using for the child or not.
- The child support is generally designed for the child maintenance. It provides a standard living to the child. The child support also ensures to meet all the basic needs through the money given by the other parent.
- The money can be used for the basic necessities like the shelter. The money should be sufficient to pay the mortgage or rent and also the utilities in the home for the child. You should also ensure whether they are staying in a safe place or not
- The other necessities includes clothing, food, books, toys and the things required by the child for his or her daily activities.
- The child support also includes the medical expenses of the child. These medical expenses includes medication, doctor visits, dental care, eyeglasses and other things related to the child health. You can also ask to pay the child insurance for future use.
- It also deals with the expenses related to the study including fees, books, summer camps, school trips and other activities related to the study.